Friday, August 3, 2012

Laundry...

I love the smell... but I absolutely hate the chore. I have quickly learned that never ending laundry is the one secret pitfall of marriage that no one will warn you about. It is evil. It steals your time and energy. The constant rerunning of the dryer (because who really wants to fold when the cycle ends...) is not helping our power bill. I completely understand why my Uncle Bob had such a strict system of which days you're allowed to wear darks and lights so that, for at least a moment, there would be peace (in the realm of laundry, that is).

Enough for the griping, though. Other than the mountain of dirty clothes living in our bedroom floor, married life is fabulous. It has been so much fun to have my best friend as my roommate... it's like we're playing house, but so much better because it's real. I can't believe it's already been 2.5 months since we said "I do". The time has flown by, and rightfully so - we've had lots going on. We have celebrated my birthday, had a visit from my mom, celebrated our precious niece's 2nd birthday, taken a family trip to the beach, and I have been on a bachelorette weekend to the beach. Finally, this weekend, we are taking it easy and making no plans, and I couldn't be happier about it.

It doesn't seem like life will be slowing down anytime soon. Some of our best friends are getting married later this month, and we can't wait to celebrate with them! Some of our other amazing friends (who got engaged TODAY) will be in town visiting for the wedding, and we can't wait to have them back in Alabama. We might even have to destroy their airline tickets for their flight home to keep them here a little bit longer... What a wonderful year this has been for us and for our friends!!

We keep saying that we want to take some time to enjoy each other and travel before we think about starting a family. It's a great idea, in theory, but until we put our words into actions, it really doesn't mean too much. So, we have decided to spend our first married Thanksgiving in New York! Being the dork that I am, I lay in bed and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year, and this year we will get to see it in person - check one off the bucket list! It just so happens that the day we arrive in the big apple will be the one year anniversary of the day Michael proposed and the six month anniversary of our wedding, so it seems like a perfect time for a fun trip. We'll keep you posted on our travel plans and would love any suggestions you have from your NYC travel experiences.

Just a few things we know we can't miss...

{Central Park}

{Serendipity 3... and frozen hot chocolate}

{Rockefeller Center}

{Lunch from a cart}

{Macy's Herald Square}

{FAO Schwarz}

{Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade}
{9/11 Memorial}
 

No comments:

Post a Comment